Recovery – Day 3

I tried to cut down on the Percocet while I slept last night, but as you can imagine, my leg is still quite sore, and it didn’t go well :(. I’m back up to full dose for now. I think once my bandages come off in a few hours, that it will feel better, but we’ll see. I made the mistake of taking 1 instead of 2. I think the next time I try, I’ll take them 6 hours apart instead of 4 hours.

Finally time to take the bandages off! My knee doesn’t look as bad as I expected!

Although there is a large bruise behind my knee

The leg itself doesn’t look as swollen as I thought! (please ignore the “I haven’t showered in 3 days” hair)
and another view

Now that I can take off my dressings, and check my skin, I can run the cryo-cuff constantly, and safely!! Maybe this will help with cutting down the pain meds.

I almost passed out when we took the dressings off, even though the blood had all dried. I guess I’m just a total wuss, or was in minor shock.

J helped me change my clothes and gave me a sponge bath! It feels so nice to be semi-clean again!


I got my shower stool in the mail today, and figured I was over-due for a real shower. It was not as easy as I hoped, especially with how sore my hamstring was once I took the brace off! But I managed, and am a small step forward to feeling like myself again.

Some other friends dropped by to play games, and brought me a balloon! Hehe, I feel silly at how excited I get over the little things.

We played the Nintendo monopoly that J got me for my birthday 😀

It was a lot of fun, but at the same time, I realized just how much of a toll surgery really does take on you. Most of the social time, I just sat there feeling like I was in a fish bowl, seeing everyone swim around me. They were talking so fast, and I just heard ‘words words words’. By about 1/2 way through the game, I noticed my knee was swelling pretty bad, even though I wasn’t using it. I had to drag over my ice machine, and run it while we finished the game.


About casadezhang

J and I got married in August 2010, and purchased our first house in May 2012. I decided to start a blog so I can ramble on about all the thing I find interesting. How is this different than any other home/life blog? It's probably not - but I just like to talk :). I'm not the best at updating my blogs, but I'll try to update at least once a week, or whenever anything interesting happens :).
This entry was posted in knee surgery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Recovery – Day 3

  1. mom says:

    Woke up at 5:00 this morning and read your blog…from the beginning! The knee is looking good! Prayers continue for complete healing!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s