4 weeks post-op, time is starting to pick back up, and life is running almost normally again.
Achievements this week:
– I can pedal a bike, backwards and forwards! I got my first full forward circle on Monday with the bike set pretty high. Every day I’ve been lowering the bike bit by bit, and am still able to go all the way around. I asked my PT, and she said I can start increasing the time on the bike up to 20 min, no resistance.
– My knee is feeling stronger and stronger every day. Yesterday I actually walked from the couch to the dining room without the brace and without thinking about walking! I felt really strong yesterday, but I was also pretty careful not to over-do it. My knee was kind of sore this morning, so I’m glad I held back :).
– Healing burns mad calories! The first few weeks post-op, I was super careful about what I ate, and lost 2.6 lbs overall. This last week, I’ve been really bad at tracking and eating left-over Halloween candy like it was going out of style :-p. I didn’t want to weigh myself, because I was sure I gained 5 lbs. I figured I’d let the high weight be my motivation to start tracking again. To my utter surprise, I found out I’ve actually lost another 1.2 lbs. At least I’m excited to keep this moving in the right direction.
– I’m sick of being sore. The pain is not bad, maybe 1-4 out of 10 (usually around a 2), but it’s constant. It’s just really annoying to be in pain, even minor pain, 24/7.
– Work has been hard. My sleeping schedule is not “normal” yet, and so at work I’m always so tired. Also, I may have mentally taken a 4-week break, but work didn’t slow down at all, so now I’m a month behind and not mentally all-there.
Behind my knee is still bruised, but looks SO much better than it did 3 weeks ago: