OK, these might be a little cliche by now, but I’ve never done a 365 photo challenge, and I thought it would be fun this year. I’m not a good photographer now, but I’m hoping this challenge will help me practice and give me some experience. I’m following a few blogs who have done this before for inspiration, so hopefully it will be somewhat interesting.
I’ll try to use the DSLR, but those pictures will take longer for me to post. The ones I take from my phone may not be as good, but at least I can post them right away.
I guess I need some rules. Since this is intended to stretch and grow me as a photographer, I will set these two rules:
1) at least 2 pictures a week must be taken by DSLR
2) no repeat subjects in one week (food, portrait, etc…) – unless I chose to do a study on variation, such as pick one subject, and shoot different aspects/filters/parameters every day for a week.
Some pictures may be more artsy, some may be memories, for this project, variation is good!
So, without further ado, here is January’s.
1) Happy New Year!!
2) Christmas ornament
3) Winter moon
4) Pinot Noir
6) Baby blanket – I made this for a friend
7) On top of Old Smokey…
8) Frozen surfer
10) Over exposed fountain
11) Happy – I borrowed a friend’s son. I love his little tongue-smile 😀
12) Single candle
14) Nerd paradise – new games!
15) Strawberry and cream
17) Smile for the camera
19) Kid at heart
20) New end table
21) Study 1 – a series of photos on a common household item
22) Study 2
23) Study 3
24) Study 4
25) Study 5
26) Fire hydrant
28) Richeel – worst misspelling of “Rachel” I’ve ever seen
29) Early morning flight
31) Lighted Hallway at DTW