We find out the gender on July 1st, but for now, some fun:
1) Mother’s intuition: some studies say that a mother’s intuition is right over 70% of the time = boy
2) Mother’s dreams: the old wives tales say you dream the opposite, my dreams have been girl, so boy
3) Heartbeat: If the heartrate is over 140bpm, it’s a girl, under, it’s a boy.
– This one is a little tricky, at 6 weeks the heartbeat was 121, any further appointments, baby has been moving around too much to count, supposed to be measured at 12 weeks. From the data we do have, boy
4) Morning sickness or no? none = boy, sick = girl. I’ve felt great, so boy
5) Carrying low/high? low = boy, high = girl. All the pressure feels low, but I’m showing high, so I’m gonna say girl
6) Round or pointy? round = girl, pointy = boy
7) Craving sweet or salty? sweet/fruity = girl, salty or protein = boy. Hmmm… my cravings were cheese, crackers, and fruity candy. I’ll leave this up to you = draw
8) Acne or no? girls are supposed to steal your beauty, so acne, other stuff = girl, beautiful skin = boy. I had slight acne, but cleared up. With how un-photogenic I’ve been, I think girl (but you’re welcome to come to your own conclusion).
9) Wedding ring test: put your wedding ring on a string and dangle it in front of your belly, side-to-side = girl, circle = boy. I got girl
10) Chinese gender chart: supposedly over 90% accurate – girl
11) Graceful or clumsy? graceful pregnancy means a girl, clumsy is a boy. I’m definitely clumsy = boy
12) Side you sleep on: they say if you’re more comfortable on your right side, your having a girl, left is boy. I’m much more comfortable on right = girl
13) R.J.’s prediction: R.J. is a friend of mine who has predicted a bunch of our friends pregnancies with over 90% accuracy. He says: boy
Totals, not weighing any one category more than another:
Choose an ID you will remember! More voting to come later. Person/people with the most right answers get home-made Christmas cookies!!